Monday, August 9, 2010

The Best Pizza ever?

On a recent visit to Connecticut to visit a friend, he took me to a hole in the wall pizza joint named Frank Pepe's. It's existed since 1925 and has since had a couple of expansions. However, the original still stands with its coal-burning oven. You will know you arrived when you see the line of people outside waiting for a table. A line for pizza? This has good written all over it. I'm in.
The pizza was absolutely delicious. At first, I was hesitant to call it the best pizza I've ever had. That's a bold statement. It's definitely the best I've had in recent memory, which puts it into the tops I've ever had. I think the combination of the coal oven and fresh ingredients is what makes the pizza sing. I even liked their beverages, which included something called White Birch Beer Soda. It tasted kind of like a medicine, but somehow really good at the same time. I recommend it not only because it's good, but because you probably won't see it anywhere else!
If you live in the Northeast and ever pass near Connecticut, it's definitely something you should check out. You'll thank me later.
Albert gives his stamp of approval.



1 comment:

  1. Looks pretty delicious but probably not as good as white pizza from Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza

    ReplyDelete